Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Last Day [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10596

The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 5:22 pm

She couldn't do anything right. Whatever she did, she was always constantly dragging someone down to hell with her. Why couldn't she just avoid others? Why couldn't they just avoid her? Fate played her life on strings and she couldn't change a thing about it. Some higher power was sitting on their throne, looking down on her and ordering each and every command she should take. This was so unfair. Stupidstupidstupidstupid.... It wasn't fair for anyone else to be involved with her. Holding back any more tears, Lamia bit her lip, trying to find the right words to lighten up the situation. What should she say? Make a joke? ... Fucking, even her own subconsciousness wasn't sure and didn't have any snarky remarks to throw at her. That was new.

Awkward silences were becoming more and more common with Magic, and she didn't know why. He wasn't some stranger that she had trouble talking to. He wasn't just someone she bumped into the hallways on accident. He was someone who actually called her his friend. So why? Why couldn't they have a normal conversation together? Everything was spiraling downhill, and there wasn't the familiar warmth around them. She couldn't relax when they tried to talk, half-scared that he would figure her out and abandon her, half-scared that he was always expecting something more. It was a fucking mistake to get her hopes up. Magic was probably just pitying her... for absolutely nothing.

As the wheelchair came around towards her, Lamia put on a soft smile, shaking her head, "I-I c-c-can g-get on... m-myself. D-don't worry." She was acting like a naive child who believed they could do whatever they wanted as long as they put their minds to it. There was no fucking way she could get on herself. A deep breath escaped her and as heavy as her arm was, she reached out onto the arm, swinging her legs over. In spite of all her bitterness and reluctance, Lamia managed to get one leg onto the pedestal. That kind of counted for something, right?

Or not. Her foot slipped, and she almost fell backwards, her hand blindly reaching for the bed to keep her balance. She couldn't even stand properly. What the hell? This was stupid... she hated it, too. But she had to ask for Magic's help here. "I-I'm s-s-sorry... b-but... uhm... H-how d-do I a-a-ask this...?" This was useless. She couldn't even talk properly or make a simple request. Red tinted her cheeks slightly, and she mumbled awkwardly, her voice trailing off at the end, "C-could you... u-uhm... s-sort of... w-well---"

Screw finishing that sentence. He probably got her point. Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9346

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Magic didn't really know how to help the girl besides picking her up and placing her in the chair himself, which is what he was going to do. He walked closer to the girl, and picked her up, kind of Bridal style ish.. It was a bit straining on Magic seeing how he was still a bit weak from before, but he didn't mind one bit, and didn't let it show that he was struggling a bit. Carefully he placed the girl in the wheel chair, and let out a some air after he stood up straight again.

He nodded to Nyla, then walked over to the door and held it open for Nyla to walked through with Lamia. The nurse walked through the door and down to the elevator, and Magic followed. Magic didn't bother to say anything as the three went down to the lobby.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:35 pm

Lamia hoped to gods she wasn't blushing further, but that would be a complete lie. Her face was completely red and she regretted even asking, wanting to bury her face in the pillow on her former bed, and completely hide and pretend this never happened at all. How embarrassing... What was she thinking? Once she was set on the chair, a shaky breath escaped her. She turned her head to glance back at Magic, and he seemed like he had trouble with that. She bit her lip, mumbling a tiny apology before her eyes fixed themselves onto her hands. There wasn't any point in looking at what was front of her. It was just to the entrance of the hospital after all. And they were just going to leave, get onto the plane, and... Fuck. Did they miss their flight? Goddammit, if she had just said something in the first place, this wouldn't have happened. Everything would've gone as planned. Stupidstupidstupidstupid, you fucking moron.

She tensed a bit as they made their way down each and every corridor, and all she could think about was death. The whitewalls and sterile atmosphere only brought back sad memories, and she's seen enough people die in her short life time. All of them because of her pathetic, worthless mistakes. One wrong move and she cost everyone their lives. In an attempt to plague away those thoughts, a small tune escaped her lips as she hummed, melodious and gentle.

As soon as they reached the entrance - or was it exit? -, she could see Vincent and Laine, and awkwardly she tried not to face them. There was already more trouble than it was worth. It would be weird to talk to the older boy anyway... she was supposed to be the sister that nobody knew existed. Should she pretend to lighten up and act happy around said 'brother'? Be gloomy because she caused them trouble - which was far closer to the truth? Just not say anything at all?

... What would she have done if it was Kearn instead?

The same answer to everything else: "I-I'm s-s-sorry for m-making y-you w-w-worry about m-me..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 7:06 pm

Magic kept his eyes away from Lamia. He didn't want to look at the girl but she seemed to notice the strain it was on him when he picked her up, and he nodded at her small apology. Once they were outside of the hospital he felt slightly relieved. A sigh of relief escaped him. He never really cared for Hospitals but he learned to deal with it seeing how he was there so many times before hand. Never really care for being stitched up or poked with shots and what not never cared to have the iv in the arm. Just never cared for any of it.

He smiled a little bit when he saw Laine, and Vince. It was finally time to head home back to the school where he didn't have to be noticed for a while. He was going to spend a couple days in his dorm room being lazy not caring about anything. Once they reached the car, he helped Lamia into the back seat. "Thank you Nyla." He said to the nurse.

She shook her head in response. "You know I'm always here to heal you and your friends up Mason. I got concerned when I didn't see you for a while." Nyla said to him. Trying to start a short chat before he had to leave.

"My mom sent me off to a boarding school.. Take care of Laine and the Gang for me please.. Make sure they don't hurt themselves to badly. Oh and if you ever have time it seems that Lacey is intrested in nursing stuff, so stop by and show her a couple things, okay?" He said to her informing her of somethings.

Nyla nodded in response. "I will do my best with your gang members. They kind of get into fights everyday. And I will be sure to pay Lacey a visit. Now get in that car and go home." She said to him.

Mason nodded, and turned away from the nurse, and ran over to the other side of the car and got into the back seat. Laine and Vince got into the car as well, and soon the four were on their way to the airport.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 7:50 pm

It really sucked that Magic had to help her get into the car as well because her body was being a stupid vegetable at the moment. Even after all of that, she still couldn't move? Already bad enough that she needed any kind of assistance but at this rate, she'd need help back at the school too... And that meant her roommates couldn't leave her alone for more than a few seconds. How absolutely stupid. Lamia had already come to terms that she was hopeless, but life didn't need to rub it in her face more than it already had. As soon as she had been positioned upright, a small yawn escaped her, and she fought not to fall asleep. Where were her bags? She needed a book.

Each and every passing second came in, and her eyelids began to feel heavier and sleep was trying to take over her. By the time Magic had gotten into the car, she was constantly rubbing her eyes and blinking herself in an effort not to sleep. She'd gotten more than enough sleep to function decently with the hospital and on the way to the water park. Why did she still feel so tired? Maybe the drug still wasn't gone yet? Speaking of which... Why the hell did they keep the IV attached to her wheelchair? Was this some stupid attempt to stop her from drinking? Actually, no way. She hadn't touched a bottle of alcohol in a month.

But when she got home, she would be very tempted to.

Half-way to the airport, she had been forcing herself to stay up, to no avail. She didn't realize how exhausted she was. The whole trip, the vodka, and everything else that happened? It'd worn her body out and she spent more energy than normal. Her eyelids begin to droop, and she didn't want to go back to the academy. She didn't want to deal with people asking why she was in a wheelchair or what happened or why she had been gone. Magic had managed to make her feel normal this entire time, and she didn't want that to end - she wanted the memories to keep replaying. That's selfish... he doesn't want the same.

No, knowing Magic, he wanted to go back and pretend he didn't exist for awhile. He needed a break after all of this.

Eventually, her eyes fluttered closed, her mind blanked, and she drifted off into sleep, only half aware that her head was resting on his shoulder again, her chest softly rising and falling with every small breath.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Magic looked down at the girl who now rested on his shoulder. She probably need the rest.. seeing everything she went though today.. He probably needed sleep as well but there was no way he could sleep at the moment. He was tired mentally and physically and he just needed a break.. Honestly he felt like smoking at the moment, but he didn't have any cigarettes. They were all in Lamia's bag, and he was going to go searching through her bag just for a single smoke. Also that would kind of be considered snooping. He would just deal with the urge to smoke for now.. It would go away eventually.

Magic found himself in a bit of a daze.. He was sort of asleep, but he was also awake and could hear everything that was going on. When he heard the car shut off he opened his eyes and looked up at Laine and Vince, who started to get out of the car. He moved Lamia off of his shoulder and sat her up. After that he got out of the car to talk to the other to for a moment before taking care of Lamia. "Laine can you take care of Lamia's stuff? And some of my stuff so that way I can help Lamia?"

The gang leader nodded. "Yeah, shouldn't be too difficult.. She is important to you isn't she?" Magic nodded slightly in response to his question. "Well it's kind of saddening to see you go, but now that I know you are alive you better come visit more often." Laine said to Mason while Vince was getting stuff out of the trunk.

"I will try too. The school is kind of strict about some things.." Magic said to the older boy. After that thw two went to the trunk. Magic grabbed his bag, as well as Lamia's that held the books. He figured she might them for the plane ride back. Laine took care of Magic's and Lamia's suitcases for the moment while Vince had his own stuff. Magic moved around to the side of the car Lamia sat on. He opened the door and shook her a little bit. "Lamia, wake up. Time to go home."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 11:55 pm

At first, she only felt like someone had moved her from her position, but it was like cotton grazing on her skin, and she was scarcely aware that it happened. By the time Magic had got back and started shaking her, her eyes scarcely fluttered. It took a few moments for her mind to process that someone was trying to wake her up, and groggily, a soft yawn escaped her. She still felt sleepy, and one hand came up to try and clear her vision up a bit. Another shaky breath, and Lamia mumbled, "H-huh...?" As soon as she managed to piece together who exactly was talking to her and where they were, she awkwardly turned her head away, a small blush rising on her face. "U-uhm.. r-right... u-uh... I-I'm s-s-sorry..."

... What the hell was she apologizing for again? Why couldn't she think of some kind of explanation right off the top of her head? Because you have to help me, again, idiot. She would've said that, if it weren't for the goddamn fact that everything was suddenly stuck in her throat and she couldn't speak. So she gave a weak smile instead. Should she try and get up? Would she fall over and face plant to the ground? How great was her balance at the moment? Or actually, how well could she move without wanting to faint? Maybe it would be a bad idea if she tried to get up on her own.

"I-I kn-know I pr-pr-probably shouldn't a-ask th-this, b-but..." Taking another deep breath, her eyes focused themselves on the ground before them, as though her feet would touch them and she'd sink straight into the ground without anyone able to catch her. This wasn't a cliff... It definitely wasn't a cliff. Why did it feel so high up, though? Maybe she did need that IV. "D-Did we... uhm... br-bring the wh-wheelchair b-b-by any ch-chance?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:50 am

He ignored her apology again. Mason shook his head. "The hospital thought you wouldn't need one outside of getting to the car." He stood up straight and held a hand out to the girl. "Come on, I'm here to help you." He said to the girl as Laine, and Vincent waited patiently.

Laine watched patiently as Mason worked to get his friend out of the car. The older boy looked down to where the wound would be on Magic's leg but saw nothing. It kind of surprised him. He swore the were a stitched up wound there earlier. He looked at Vincent to asked him what happened to it but Vince just waved it off. Laine could only assume that Lamia was gifted like the two brothers.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 8:41 am

Everything was deathly still for just a few moments.

They didn't bring the wheelchair? Great, just absolutely great. It was bad enough that she had to ask him once for help - a second or third time was too much. You don't have much of a choice here, she thought to herself, and slowly, she reached for his hand. Was her power active right now? Would she hurt him in any way? Her lips thinned, her hand hesitating at the last second, scarcely a centimeter apart. This shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully.

Reluctantly, she held onto his wrist, lurching onto her feet as everything began to blur itself together. Goddammit, where was her hood? Or just something to nestle into and never look outside? There was always something comforting about the darkness. And she wanted to be there right now instead of... here. Lamia kept her face lowered to the floor, her bangs sweeping across her eyes as she followed each of his movements.

Once she decently found her balance, Lamia quickly snatched her hand away, just as they got to Laine and Vincent. "S-s-sorry..." were the only words that she could find right now and the only ones that really mattered.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Vincent didn't say anything, he understood. Laine just gave the girl a smile even though she probably wouldn't see it. "It's fine Lamia. You're one of us now, I will always be glad to help." Laine said to her. Seeing how she went through a mess caused by Laine and Magic, he sort of considered her like a fellow gang member. Though he still wouldn't have put her on the front line like Magic did.

Magic helped her up until the got to Vincent, and Laine. He couldn't help but frown a little. It honestly seemed like to him that she took her hand away because Laine and Vincent were standing there. He decided to stick by her as they walked into the airport. Going through things, and taking their luggage places.

Now it was time to say goodbye to Laine. Vincent sat down on one of the chairs as they waited to be called for their flight. Magic gave Laine a quick hug. The two had a great respect for one another. "Make sure to beat the crap out of anyone that tries to mess with those kids again.. Also you need to keep up my signature thing for me." Mason said.

Laine nodded in response. "I'll make sure of it." He said to Mason before turning an looking at Lamia. "Make sure you get plenty of rest and heal up. You have an asshole to deal with." Laine said to the winter girl pointing his thumb in Magic's direction.

"Hey!"

Laine let out a small chuckle. "Seriously though, get plenty of rest, and heal up. If you ever need anything you have a great friend over there, who will always be willing to help." Laine said in a soft tone towards the girl, before standing up straight. "I must go now. Bye guys, Visit soon." He said to them before walking away from the group.

Last edited by Coon on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Lamia returned his smile, albeit much weaker and she wrung her hands, a familiar anxiety settling on her shoulders like a blanket. "I-I g-guess..." Say thank you, you idiot. How could it be so hard to say those two words? They were literally two words and people could say it all the time without a care in the world. Thank you this, thank you that, thank you whatever. So why couldn't she even voice the first part? Actually... why did she even care all that much? If people said it on a daily basis, then it'd be redundant and have less meaning... right? You still suck at convincing yourself. She couldn't fight back with that, so she just let her subconsciousness keep thinking there.

Her eyes watched Magic just a little bit out of her peripheral vision, and while everything was still plainly smeared like an accidental splotch that an artist wanted to remove, he was frowning. Why? There wasn't disappointing about it, right? Besides, it'd be safer if he didn't touch her. She still didn't know where she got all of the new energy from, and it was starting to get on her nerves. No, just forget about it now. It'd be better to try and figure everything out when Magic couldn't watch her. Yeah... he already had enough on his mind that bringing her own troubles onto him would be stupid.

As soon as she heard Laine's words, her face reddened, her mind racing to find away to tell him that she was just fine and that it wouldn't be much of a problem, but a small laugh escaped her instead with Magic's response. Lamia was more content with that and it saved her - no, actually, she needed to add in her own reply. "I w-will, b-b-but I r-really... d-don't n-n-need it." She shuffled her feet, her eyes focusing on the ground in front of them as she tried to search for the right words. "B-besides... Y-you sh-sh-should be w-wishing h-him luck to d-d-deal with m-me..." Was that supposed to be a joke on her part? Or the truth? Goddammit, it was bad enough that she didn't know what she was talking about.

Once the older boy left, her hand raised up to a small wave and she watched for a few moments as his figure disappeared. And now... awkward silence. Again. Should she start the conversation? Say something? Anything? What was she supposed to say? "U-uhm... h-h-have you... e-eaten yet, Magic?" Yeah, best question to ask to start a question. Good game, well played. Best fucking move ever. Lamia tried to reason with herself that it made sense since it was already past dinner and they probably hadn't eaten since they were at a hospital and... Yeah. Stupidstupidstupidstupid.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Magic had to think on her question for a second.. He knew he hadn't eaten when they were at the hospital.. Did he eat before that? He blinked. He didn't get a chance to eat at the water park because of that damn guy trying to hurt his friend.. They didn't grab breakfast on the way to the park.. And he didn't eat that morning because he and Lamia where busy talking.. He hadn't eaten all day.. Which was kind of strange for him, but even now the familiar gnaw of being hungry wasn't there...

He looked at her. "No. I haven't eaten all day.. Don't really feel like eating at the moment.. I will most likely grab something when we get home." The boy sat down and stretched out a little bit before sitting up, and taking up less space. Magic pulled out his phone to check the time. They still had a little bit before they had to get on the plane. After he checked the time he slipped his phone back into his pocket. Vincent just sat a couple chairs down from his bother busy messing with his phone, and ignoring the two of them. For he didn't have anything to say at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 6:26 pm

"O-oh... I-I'm s-s-sorry for a-asking."

That was a really pathetic choice on her part for a conversation. Why wasn't that she couldn't do something as simple as talking to someone else? Why was it always so hard? Her lips thinned, and she severely regretted her decision to try and even say anything. Everything would've been better if she hadn't even bothered. One hand gripped onto the other arm, and she watched Magic take a seat, only standing off to the side a bit on her own. She didn't have the slightest of clues as to what they were supposed to do now. Thinking of another topic to discuss was completely out of the question. How long until they had to board the plane? Was the plane even delayed? Don't ask me, ask the guy who... I don't know, has all the answer? Her heart immediately sank, her expression caught somewhere between nervous and crestfallen.

She was about to speak up, but the words were still stuck and nothing came to mind that would be useful. Nothing that wouldn't be a waste of time. Actually, who was she kidding? Trying to get someone to talk to her was a waste of time. Her eyes wandered to the stores in front of them half-heartedly, to throw her attention elsewhere. Should she tell Magic she was going to take a look? Did she even want to check it out? Hell, did she just want to escape from him right now? Goddammit. Fuck life. Too many choices. None of them were good.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Magic wasn't exactly all there at the moment. He kept getting lost in thought, and distracted easily, like something was bothering him. But it didn't exactly appear like something was bothering him. He knew how to control his facial expressions so he hid it kind of well except for the slight flash of emotion as he realizes something but then it was quickly covered up again by a neutral expression. The boy just happened to glance over and see Lamia's expression. "Is something wrong Lamia?" He asked in a clear tone.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Goddammit, she couldn't hide anything with him around, could she? For someone who had such enhanced hearing, Lamia would've thought that at least one of senses were duller than the rest, and she had been betting on it being his vision. But apparently not. She suddenly had an urge to just rip out her throat so that she couldn't talk and he wouldn't be able to hear her tone with each and very word; no, she wasn't worried about that. Right now, she was more worried about how envious she was at how easy he made it to hide everything behind a mask. This was just a knock to her head, and she hated herself for even thinking that. That was so selfish...  he wouldn't get anyone's assistance that way.

Not like you're any better. Except she didn't need the help. At least that's what she thought anyway. Her problems were her own to deal with and she was completely satisfied with whatever she got - there wasn't anything more that she needed and it would be better if people didn't pay attention to what was on her mind. Considering what happened last time she was so open... yeah, not happening.

So when Magic suddenly addressed her, Lamia inwardly panicked, her heart skipping a beat. The ball of her foot tried to dig down lower into the ground, and she breathed, "H-huh...? Wh-what a-are you... uhm... t-talking about? I-I d-d-don't..." Magic would understand that she was definitely trying to avoid the question and that there was actually nothing wrong, right? Besides, she didn't even know if she wanted to go over there... away from him... and into a crowd of random people... and... Okay, I get it. It sounds awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Day [CLOSED]   The Last Day [CLOSED] - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Day [CLOSED]
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next