Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

DAR (Dots Above Replacement)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8663

DAR (Dots Above Replacement) Empty
PostSubject: DAR (Dots Above Replacement)   DAR (Dots Above Replacement) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Over the last 24 hours, I have been secretly recording everybody in the chatbox. I've been determined to mathematically determine one thing: which users are the most beneficial to chatbox talk. We have a problem on the box with inactivity and lazy "staying alive" tactics. This is formal take on it.

As you all know, I am a stupid-devoted baseball fan. I love baseball way too much. Anyway, in baseball there is a stat called WAR, Wins Above Replacement, which basically measures a player's value to the team, how many wins this player's presence brings the team. I have made a parody of this stat to use for users on here: DAR, Dots Above Replacement. I have generated a formula that uses various factors, and creates a number that can be comparable to others. The higher the number, the worst you are in the chatbox. I have not measured myself, not because I wouldn't want to, but because it is hard to get an honest rating on someone when they are in on it.

So, I have measured three variables on users who have partaken in the box in the last 24 hours; TD, LI, and RGAB. TD stands for Total Dottage, and is the amount of times a user has dotted instead of saying anything. I feel this is the most toxic form of chatbox abuse. LI stands for Logins, and it overall measures the amount of times you came into the box. RGAB stands for Repetitive Greetings and Bullshit. RGAB covers a wide range of things, from one worded repetitions like "bjep" or "odeer," to emoticons like "cx," to spam, and even to "Hey" and "Wb." I consider those RGAB, because there have been chatbox sessions that have devolved to simple "Hi"s and "Bye"s

So, using these variables, I have concocted the formula: (TD / aD) + (RGAB / aRGAB) + (LI / aLI). The lowercase "a" stands for average. I would like to note that, like in baseball, small sample sizes make numbers look better than they should. A lot of people weren't on the box a lot, so their numbers may look really good, but that's only because they didn't stick around for them to play out...realistically. Which is perfectly fine. If you aren't around a lot, you aren't around enough to taint the box, and therefore your low numbers are technically pretty valid.

So, without further ado, here are all the tested members, from highest to lowest DAR:

1. Mount; 7.35 DAR
  2. Wild; 5.99 DAR
  3. Echo; 4.42 DAR
  4. Coon; 3.28 DAR
  5. Sleepy; 2.93 DAR
  6. Tree; 1.89 DAR
  7. Icestorm; 1.39 DAR
  8. Bloop; 1.30 DAR
  9. Shad; 0.94 DAR
  10. Crys; 0.77 DAR

I'm definitely going to do this another few times, to maybe get more accurate or telling numbers over a longer period of time. I just won't tell you when. If you aren't satisfied with your numbers and want them to get lower, then try harder in keeping up decent chat in a chatbox, or just don't go on altogether. Danke.

Click here for the spreadsheet with all the data.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10530

PostSubject: Re: DAR (Dots Above Replacement)   DAR (Dots Above Replacement) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 7:45 pm

In other words, you need to get a life Jay. But so do I. jk ilu senpai
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8663

PostSubject: Re: DAR (Dots Above Replacement)   DAR (Dots Above Replacement) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Oh, totally, this shows the depressing shut-in I am.
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

Beata Bucks : 8926

PostSubject: Re: DAR (Dots Above Replacement)   DAR (Dots Above Replacement) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:18 pm

This is like the basketball equivalent of win shares.
Dis bloop is impressed.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12292

PostSubject: Re: DAR (Dots Above Replacement)   DAR (Dots Above Replacement) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:47 pm

HURRAY, I'M MEDIOCRE
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

Beata Bucks : 11527

PostSubject: Re: DAR (Dots Above Replacement)   DAR (Dots Above Replacement) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 8:30 am

The only difference being that a high WAR is good. Mount is less 'Bryce Harper' and more 'Billy Butler'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAR (Dots Above Replacement)   DAR (Dots Above Replacement) Empty

Back to top Go down

DAR (Dots Above Replacement)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: Off-Topic :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: