Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Great Hunt [site event]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12292

The Great Hunt [site event] Empty
PostThe Great Hunt [site event]

The Great Hunt [site event] 600704223_o

Easter Sunday. Across North America, Europe, and abroad, children are waking up to go hunt for the eggs the Easter Bunny left for them in the night. For the past weekend, parents have been loading up on candy, children have been dying Easter eggs, and Christian churches have been preparing their sermons for this special holiday.

In Beata Academy, things are a bit different.

Ten eggs have been prepared and scattered across campus. Just ten, out of hundreds of students. Why so few?

Because each is guarded by a terrible otherworldly monster.

Here are the rules.

1. This is a free-for-all. Temporary alliances between students are allowed, but in the end, you're working for yourself. Students are expected to fight one another for control over the eggs.
2. Students must defeat the guardian monsters, or try and steal the eggs out from under them. Both tasks should be nearly impossible.
3. If you come into possession of an egg, you are to run it into the Headmaster's office and hand it to an adult stationed there. Students are allowed, and expected, to battle each other over these eggs. Even fights in the school hallways and classrooms are permitted. The person who hands the egg in will be recorded as the official 'finder.'
4. The student with the most eggs at the end of the Hunt will be recorded as the victor. The victor will gain a special prize. In the event of a tie, a special tie-breaking event will be hosted on the Island.
5. While dangerous, fear of death or injury should be minimal. Guardians and other faculty will be on standby to prevent any unfortunate accidents.
6. Eggs cannot break. They have all been sealed with small force fields to prevent them from being destroyed in any battles or accidental trips. Otherwise, they are ordinary eggs dyed by students.
7. Every guardian monster will be shackled to their designated 'nest.' However, a certain flying monster will be left to circle above campus to hunt for students bringing back eggs. Don't get caught.
8. This is an exercise to test everything you've been taught. Good performances may net you potential extra credit in the relevant courses. This is definitely not an excuse to watch you all fight eldritch abominations for our amusement.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor. The eggs and monsters will be planted across campus tomorrow, on Easter Sunday. The event will last as long as it needs to before all eggs are recovered.

Queries and comments, as always, can be posted below.

Last edited by Sleepy on Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

The Great Hunt [site event] :: Comments

Sleepy
Re: The Great Hunt [site event]
Post Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:11 pm by Sleepy
How this'll work:

There'll be ten different threads made in different parts of campus, where the monster will be guarding. A character can only be in one place at once, obviously, so each character can only be in one of these at a time.

Once someone steals the egg, they must run back to the office. They'll make another thread for this somewhere on school grounds (e.g. Entrance, Hallways, Courtyard, etc.). If they manage to fend off the flying monster and other students, then they can proceed to the final thread — which is located in the Office forum.

From there, they'll just hand in their egg to an adult stationed there, and then they can run back out to steal more eggs. Live updates will be posted in this announcement for convenience.

The battle system is, of course, optional. If two characters are fighting and you really don't want to let go of your egg though, then feel free to use it. I'm currently overhauling it to make it less dumb and incoherent.
EDIT: The overhaul is finished! Huzzah! ;^; give it a look

Good luck and don't die.

Last edited by Sleepy on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sleepy
Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:40 am by Sleepy
Sleepy
Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:07 pm by Sleepy
EDIT: Rule update! You don't have to make a new thread about running back to the office. Just start running in whatever thread you were fighting the monster in, and then other students can challenge you there if you want. If you're not challenged, then I'll have the dragon swoop in. Makes things simpler.

In other news, Amelia is the first to challenge a monster, and is currently fighting the anaconda in the hallways, guarding the Fourth Egg. |3 gogogo
Sleepy
Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:26 pm by Sleepy

Milah Nolan has recovered the first egg and takes the lead, defeating the Colossus.

The Serpent, Demon, Mantis, Leviathan, and Shadow are all being currently engaged.
Crystal
Post Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:49 pm by Crystal
didnt expect this to become a huge battle ;-;
Sleepy
Post Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:33 pm by Sleepy

Carmine Benjamin has recovered the second egg.

All other guardian monsters are currently being engaged.
Sleepy
Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:37 am by Sleepy
Miyoshi Fujiyama has defeated the Banshee and is recovering its egg.

He hasn't posted in the Office yet, but presumably should soon. Good luck out there, everyone.
Sleepy
Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:30 pm by Sleepy
Keirsta Chree has escaped the Figure and recovered its egg.

Only half the eggs remain, all being contested for.
Sleepy
Post Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:47 pm by Sleepy
Kayla Croft has killed the Leviathan and recovered its egg.

So far, there's no clear leader. Tiebreaker match incoming?
Sleepy
Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:50 pm by Sleepy
Amelia McLochland has dragged a decapitated monster anaconda head into the Headmaster's office and set it on the carpet. The egg's inside, somewhere.
Sleepy
Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:57 am by Sleepy
Due to posting slowing down for this event, I may just hold the tiebreaker match now to wrap this up. Just to make sure it doesn't last another month, lol.
Sleepy
Post Sat May 02, 2015 3:03 pm by Sleepy
Sorry for the anticlimactic finish, but I thought I'd officially end this now. As the last character to post in the Hunt tiebreaker match a week ago, Keirsta Chree has been declared the victor! Congratulations.

Her prize:
- 500 Beata Bucks
- a free vacation to anywhere in the world
- a free pet or title change of her choice, if she wants one.

For placing second and actually participating in the tiebreaker match as well, Amelia McLochland will also receive a prize.

For the runner-up:
- 200 Beata Bucks
- a free pet or title of her choice, if she wants one.

I hate to not have anybody in third place (I may be mildly OCD), but there were lots of people involved in the first-place-tie and not a clear winner, so I'll leave that for you to decide I guess.

A round of applause for Kitty! Congratulations!
Kitty
Post Sat May 02, 2015 3:27 pm by Kitty
Congrats to all who participated! ❤
Sleepy
Post Sat May 02, 2015 4:04 pm by Sleepy
Someone else will have to add your BB, because the site hates me apparently and won't let me do that. Just use your imaginations.
Post  by Sponsored content

The Great Hunt [site event]

Page 1 of 1