Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Powers on the Fritz...Again.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11130

Powers on the Fritz...Again. Empty
PostSubject: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 5:37 pm

Ah...Ah...Ahchoo! Hosa's hands flew up to her nose, stopping her in her tracks as she let out an defeated sniffle. She had hoped that this sickness that had been weighing her down the whole winter would of been gone, but yet traces of it still remained. She felt like she had done nothing thanks to this stupid sickness. She lowered her hands and hugged herself tightly, sighing as her visible breath curled around her nose. Of course, it wasn't just the fact that she had done nothing that caused this sickness to be rather bothersome but also due to the fact it seemed to be putting her powers on the fritz. "This sucks..." she muttered, flicking the pair of black cat ears that sat on her head. While she had been turning into animals for almost a year or two now; having a pair of cat ears while still being human...This was rather new, even for her.

When she had first noticed the ears an hour before while hanging out in her dorm, she had thought that she looked like one of those...Neko anime girls. Which made her feel realllly weird. Besides, these ears were much more keen than she was used to while being in her normal form; and it was just giving her a headache. Finding a bench, she sat down with an annoyed sigh as she reached up and gently touched her fluffy ears. "Please go away..." she hissed under her breath, talking to none other than the ears themselves. She swore, if she grew a tail or her hands turned into paws; she had no idea what she would do. Maybe cry...Maybe think that this is awesome. With the new ears, she was quickly finding out that there was even more to her power than she thought. She thought just shaping into animals was cool...Than there was the whole dragon thing back in the summer, and now it seems she could also morph just parts of her body. When would she ever completely master these abilities of hers? Or just learn of new abilities without her powers going crazy on her? Getting a break for once would be rather nice.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9280

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:03 pm

Magic was sitting in the courtyard just focusing on the sounds around them. Every noise came to Magic's ears. The bird's chirping, the wind moving the leaves, and the footste-.... footsteps? Magic opened their once closed eyes and looked around. Off at little ways they saw a girl stop in her tacks to sneeze. A defeated sounding sniffle crossed Magic's ears, letting them know this person is sick or was sick, and just getting over the effects of it.

Magic studied the girl who was off a little ways noticing the girl had cats ears.. which was strange.. but not really strange for this place... Being here would also explain the reason why Magic could hear most of the sounds they were hearing earlier. They were manipulating some of the sound waves that were around the area. Magic perked up a bit when they heard the girl speak but they couldn't make out what it was. Braving up, Magic stood from their spot, and walked over towards the girl. "Are you alright?" They asked Hosa

ooc: I hope it was alright for me to post here
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:28 am

Hosa's cat ears flickered up at the sound of the voice, before her head did the same. Her blue eyes studied the boy in front of her carefully, before a small frown appeared on her face as her ears folded back. "I'm fine," she said, before she let out a sigh. Following the sigh however, was a chuckle. "Just...My powers are acting a bit on the fritz but its nothing I am not used to." Her ears flickered back up-right as she gave the boy a soft smile; a smile that unknowingly showed a pair of cat-like fangs -something which Hosa had sadly, or amusingly, taken no notice to and so was unaware of them. "Or you could be referring to my cold but that isn't important either. Anyways, my name is Hosa Corvina, what is yours?"

Occ: Of course you are welcomed to post here, Muffin. <3 I was planning to beg you to post anyways cause I was getting sad by the no response to this topic.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Magic nodded when Hosa responded that she was fine, which was good. "Fangs too huh?.." Magic said softly when they saw the girl's cat fangs from her soft smile. They shifted their weight from their right leg to their left leg, and stuck their hands into their pocket. "Oh.. uhh.. just call me Magic." Mason responded with a kinda embarrassed smile at the name they call themselves.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Wait...Fangs? A sharp brush flared across her face as her hands quickly rose to cover her mouth as she let out a soft hiss of annoyance. "Stupid powers..." she muttered though her hands, before she opened her mouth slightly and poked at her fangs. Feeling their sharpness, she sighed as she lowered her hands and laid them on her lap. Her gaze however perked up when the kid introduced himself. "Magic, huh?" she mused, half wishing that she had a cool name like that. Well, she was well aware that it wasn't his name...Fine, she wished she had a cool nickname like that.

"Well, nice to meet you Mag-" she suddenly cut off, feeling a sneeze coming on. Her hands flew back up to her face, only to cover her nose this time. Gosh dammit, she didn't need to sneeze in front of him...However, before she could sneeze it seemed to pass on, causing her to slowly lower her hands as if uncertain. She had a feeling that the sneeze would come back; perhaps a bit stronger and with her powers acting up like it was...Change that, she didn't care if she sneezed in front of Magic; instead she cared if she would randomly transform...Most likely into a black cat as her ears and fangs were telling her.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Magic blinked when Hosa cut herself off mid-sentence, then they understood when she covered their nose with her hand. A small smile crept on their face , but quickly vanished. As for the nickname she seemed to like it instead of question why they had it or why they chose the name Magic out of any name they could have chosen. And the owner of this character doesn't even know why they are called that. Even so the girl seemed to be struggling with her powers. Magic could barely even control their powers, sometimes their power did what it wanted, and most of the time that was amplifying sound waves so they could hear a lot more.

Magic gave Hosa a moment, and spoke when she put her hand down reluctantly. "It's nice to meet you too.."" They replied, but soon continued on, "I take it your power has something to do with animals?" Magic said with a bit of a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:30 pm

A smirk appeared on Hosa's face as she stared up at Magic, chuckling softly. "Huh, I just wonder how you ever could of figured that out," she joked as her cat-ears flickered with amusement. She shook her head as she leaned back on the bench, stretching out luxuriously like a cat would. "Yeah, my powers is alll about animals. They call it Animal Morphing. I can transform into any animal that you could think of..." she seemed to drift off slightly, but quickly regained her voice. "Just thought I could transform completely into them, but the whole half-thing with the ears and fangs are rather new. I had thought I had almost complete control over my gifts but it seems like my power wants to prove that I don't every time..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:57 pm

"Any animal huh? Thats pretty neat." Magic said, "Your power sounds kinda like stages. You have to complete or master one part of it before you can move on to the next part, or be able to use the next part in your case." They inferred or at least tried.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Hosa let out a humorless chuckle as she folded her arms across her chest. "I guess...But I must admit my powers likes taking huge leaps in those 'stages' I suppose..." She paused for a few second, before she quickly decided to move on from that subjects. No way did she want to explain to Magic about last summer with the whole dragon accident. Besides, as far as she was aware now; it hadn't been a 'stage. If anything, it had been a self-defense move; a move that she had no control over when it happened those months ago. "Anyways, what is your power?" she said quickly as she looked up at Magic, trying to make any sort of guess but unlike her power at the present moment; Magic's power gave no clue nor hint of what it could be.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:22 pm

It caught Magic a bit off guard when Hosa asked about their power. Though it should have been expected when you are talking about powers Magic. (<.<) "O-oh... umm. I kinda manipulate sound... I can mimic, amplify, distort, strengthen, speed up, and slow down sound as well as effecting the frequency.. which can be quite dangerous.. or at least from what my grandmother told me.. All it seems to be doing now is improving my my hearing ability.." Magic told Hosa. They told Hosa. "My grandmother knows this because my deceased grandfather had this ability.. but they didn't know I had it until I figure it out about a year ago.."
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Manipulating sound? Hosa tried to keep track of all the way Magic could manipulate sound, but she got lost after...Well, she got lost right after amplify. No way could she keep all of those straight. "Cool," she mused softly as they went on, talking about their grandmother and deceased grandfather...Man, how Hosa wished she knew somebody that was aware of what exactly her power was before she finally learned a few years later that she was just like hundreds of other kids; gifted. She thought she was a freak for years; she just was lucky she had somebody to talk to even if he wasn't aware of the whole 'can turn into animals' side of her. She smiled softly, as she stared at Magic as she decided to voice her current thoughts. "You sure are lucky; having somebody to knows about your gift and can talk to you about it. I was pretty much on my own until I came to Beata."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 pm

"I guess I am. Grandma didn't really know a whole lot.. She only knew what it could do. Other then that I am kinda stuck figuring out how to do things.. All I know is that my gift depends on my mental stability.. Which is a really hard thing to keep steady if you haven't been working at it for a while." Magic explained. Even so Magic knew someone who knew someone who had a power, it still felt like they were alone when it came to having a gift, because no one else Mason knew had a gift of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Hosa nodded along as she sat on the bench. "Even thought I had not the slightest clue what exactly I could do; I worked on training my abilities as well...Mostly so I wouldn't suddenly transform if I got scared. Not like that worked out anyways..." She frowned slightly at the memories, before she shook her head as her ears folded back. "My abilities still do act up at times...Like at the current moment but not like before. One example is that my gift tend to act up when I am in life-threatening danger apparently..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:13 pm

"My gift kinda likes to do it's own thing. I can't really control it. It just starts increasing my hearing ability randomly. Usually when that happens I just stop and listen. Which is what I was doing earlier when you showed up. Hopefully I'll figure my ability out somehow.." Magic stated. They gave a small sniffle as gust of wind went by.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Hosa nodded, letting out a soft chuckle. She remembered when her powers were out of control...At least she had control over them...Over them...Oh no. Hosa raised her hands as another sneeze started to come along. Ah...Ah...Crud... Sneezing loudly, she barely had time to realize that she transformed until she suddenly became aware of having a tail. She let out annoyed marrow as she raised one of her paws to rub her nose as she quickly gained the name of what she had transformed into; a panther...Wait, a panther? She lowered her paw as she glanced over her sleek black fur, easily realizing that she had turned into a panther cub. Well, at least she still fit on the bench. Her blue eyes flickered up to look at Magic as she stared up at him, wondering what they was going to say but couldn't help but smile to herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powers on the Fritz...Again.   Powers on the Fritz...Again. Empty

Back to top Go down

Powers on the Fritz...Again.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next