Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Long Time No See ;w;

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9538

Long Time No See ;w; Empty
PostSubject: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Harmony sat down in a chair, not daring to say anything that she really hadn't too at the moment, only her daughter's casual questions of curiosity. She watched outside the large window curiously, admiring the scenery, trying to use that as a distraction. To be honest, the woman was rather quite nervous. When she had left this school, she didn't even bother to graduate from here - she fled and she never looked back, from everything. From everyone with it. Her sister included - they only talked when they absolutely needed too. Harm faintly knew anything about Mel now, though. Clearly, she had married Nate - and she thought she had a nephew, though she didn't even remember his name. She doubted that she even know about little Serenity (who was busy digging into a candy jar).

The blonde looked down, fiddling with the scarf that hung around her neck, waiting anxiously.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11565

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Behind the woman, a door creaked open. Another blonde walked in and paused when she saw the others in the small office room. "Harmony..." She breathed, her voice barely above a whisper. Her eyes turned to the child, and she looked surprised for a moment. Was that her child? Dear God, her sister had a baby and she didn't even know about it. A knot of guilt twisted in her stomach as she stepped forward, reaching out her hand before dropping it to her side, uncertain. If she hugged her sister, would she accept it? It seemed like Harmony had changed so much than the cheerful child she had once seen.
Melody wanted to say so much, but she didn't know where to start. They hadn't spoken in forever, and Melody felt tears coming to her eyes. How pathetic. "You have a daughter." She ended up saying, stating the obvious. No shit she had a child. The proof was smearing chocolate all over her face as they spoke. "She's beautiful." She choked out, the urge to cry with overwhelming emotions making it hard to speak.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm

At the sound of the door opening, Harmony was instantly on her feet, turning around to face her. When she saw her sister, a grin broke out on her face that she had to stifle, but was unable to and ended up just holding up her hand to hide it. "Hey, Melody..." She muttered back, biting her lip when she noticed her look at her daughter than reach for her. Harm didn't move, tears starting to coming to her own eyes.
"Thank you." Harm answered slowly, trying to keep her voice steady. It wasn't working very well, "Her name's Serenity." She paused to look back at her daughter, who hardly seemed to be distracted at the moment. Oh, sweet baby jesus, these chocolates were good.
Really, Melody's hesitation wasn't needed; Harmony had changed, but she hadn't changed that much. "God, I've missed you!" The younger woman rushed forward, wrapping her arms around her sister.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Melody smiled softly, waving at the child. "Hello Serenity. I'm your auntie Mel." She said sweetly, looking back up to her sister. She wondered what she was thinking- what she was feeling. Damn, if only she had Nathaniel's power right now. But at the sight of tears and that blatantly hidden smile, Melody could infer easily. The smile reflected on her face, mirroring Harmony's. As her sister rushed forward, Melody laughed, quickly wiping away a single tear. God, was she crazy to be this emotional? Something told her otherwise. She wrapped her arms around the younger woman and she buried her face into her hair. "I've missed you too. You have no idea." Pulling away, Melody studied the girl. "Alright. Fill me in on your life. We have so much to talk about." She glanced at the young child, raising a questioning eyebrow. Someone had some explaining to doooo~
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:13 pm

The small girl sitting at the dish finally caught on to the moment, hearing her name called a few times. "Auntie Mel?" Serenity repeated in confusion, her bright eyes blinking up through her brown bangs; even though the little one looked a lot like her mother, she lacked the Delangelo blonde. "I didn't know I had an Auntie." With the look of amazement on the girl's face, you might as well told her the sky was falling.
Harmony tried not to sniffle into her sister's shoulder, letting out a sound that could only be described as crying and a hearty laugh. The women sucked it up when she took a step back, though, taking a deep breath and brushing her hair out of her eyes. "We do, really - Jeez, Mel, when did you get so old?" She teased her sister, that old sparkle in her eyes. "And - well, I fell in love with a soldier. What about you though - there's just..." God damn, it'd take 5ever to catch up completely.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Melody's grin widened at the young child's comment. "Yes ma'am you do. And she's the coolest aunt ever." She shot her a playful wink, before turning back to her sister. "Hey, hey. Like wine, I get better with age, thank you very much." She replied, crossing her arms in a playful gesture. "Well, I married Nate, obviously. We have two sons now; they go here, maybe you can meet them later. I'm sure they'd like that.." She hadn't told either of the boys a lot about their aunt- or her side of the family, in fact. She still wasn't in good terms with her mother, though they had apologized long ago, so now it was more of an awkward silence between the two. That was better than nothing, though. And with Harmony... Well, she had rarely spoken to her at all. After she had ran away from the school, Melody had done little to contact her. She wasn't sure if she should have. Her sister obviously wanted to avoid her past.
Till now.
"A soldier, eh? Maybe someday I'll get to meet him." She threw out casually. "What else has my dear little sister been up to?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Serenity stared at her new 'Auntie' for a few moments, spinning around and staring up at her from the back of the chair with wide, curious eyes - a big grin on her face. The moment this Auntie let her guard down, she was all hers... The blonde let out a soft laughter at her sister's remark, though she was rather surprised, though Harm knew she really shouldn't have been. Two sons, then? Not just one? Did that mean she'd have to get used to "Auntie Harmie" too or something? At the suggestion of meeting them, though, Harmony bit her lip, looking rather uncomfortable at the subject. "I'm not sure... I don't know how long I'm staying here, I just came to -..." she stopped there, not wanting to say much more.
"Wait, wait, wait!" Serenity piped up again, totally not listening in at all, "I have cousins too?"
"Oh, hush." Her mother turned around and shot her a warning look, which she knew neither of them would take seriously as the girl giggled. Harmony let out a little sigh, smiling softly again, "Maybe. Mom likes him." She shrugged, saying the words quietly, knowing the life-long relations between them. "And I run a day-care. With this little one." Her gaze flickered back at Serenity, who squeaked and hid behind the back of the chair again.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:04 pm

Melody may not have been an empathic, but she could still read her sister easily. "It takes a lifetime to ge over something like that. Even though I stayed, even though things are better now, it plagues me." She was refering to life at Beata before, and the nightmarish memories of the place. Every once in a while, she'd wake up from a nightmare in a cold sweat. Images of the fight, of the fear and darkness of that day. And usually, of Happy. Even thinking about him sent a sharp twist of pain through her heart.
erenity's angellic voice pulled Mel from her thoughts. She smiled. "Oh yes. They're very nice. I think you'd like them a lot." She told the child, knowing how childlike her sons could be themselves at times.
It was funny how quickly Melody's emotions could twist and turn. Probably drove Nathaniel mad. Now it was pure indifference at the mention of her mother. "That's good. I'm sure he's wonderful." The woman recalled the day her husband met her mother. Melody had gotten the feeling that the thing she was the most proud of involving Mel, was her choice in spouse. Whatever. Melody laughed lightly, forcing the thoughts away. "I can imagine you're great at what you do. I'm a school nurse. Yipee~" She winked, humor in her voice. Not that she didn't enjoy her job, but she still wondered what her life wouldn't been like if she had followed the music career. Not that it matter much now, but she still thought about it.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:50 am

Harmony lowered her head, biting her lip softly. Even the simple subject of their history made her feel sick to her stomach. Honestly, just stepping foot inside this school was making her feel more and more unwell - and yet her sister worked here almost every single day. "How do you do it?"
"He is." The young woman confirmed, still, her eyes shining. They actually hadn't hardly known each other before they rushed into marriage - love at first sight, and all that. You would have thought it'd fallen apart as quickly as it happened, but somehow it worked. Harmony smiled gently, "But I thought you had to be patient and kind for that line of work -" And then a brick flew threw the window and hit Harm's back. "I'm sure you're great at it too... You need to come back to Texas sometime, you know." She was simply throwing politeness around at this point.

Serenity continued to sit there, looking amazed - but as it figured, she was forgotten as soon as she was answered. The little girl spun around in her seat and huffed. She knew when her mother talked with someone, she talked foreverrr. And if Auntie Mel was her sister, then they'd talk... well... probably doubly forever!! There wasn't else much in this office to entertain her... What could she do then? ... Oh! Maybe she could go find her cousins? They might keep her company. They should! She loved new friends!
The young girl got up out of her seat and quietly opened the door when they weren't looking, shutting it behind her - she ran out of the offices and went out to explore the campus.

Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:31 pm

Looking out the window at the courtyard below, Melody sighed softly. How did she do it? It wasn't easy for her in the days following the accident, and even now she was still haunted by it all. "It's.. a day by day process. But this Beata, it isn't the same as it was before. It isn't twisted and full of secrets. It's actually here to help the kids now. Nate has made it better." There was a glint of pride in her crimson eyes, though it disappeared when she blinked and turned to look at her sister.
Melody really wasn't the same person she was before. She had grown... more gentle. Her patience had grown so much since she was a teen, and now there was always a melancholy undertone to her, like a lot of past students have. Because you can't just go through what they did and not lose a part of yourself.
"I am wonderful at what I do, thank you very much." She melodramatically flipped her hair, rolling her eyes in an exaggerated fashion. Grinning, she nodded. "I feel like I'm losing my accent. And I'm getting used to the cold. It's horrible." She shook her head, sighing. She missed her home. Maybe not her parents, but her house and her childhood friends and everything else in the South. Just... not really her parents.

Kimply pulled slightly at the skirt of her uniform as she walked. She didn't think she'd ever get used to it. Kimply just wasn't big on skirts. It was inevitable. Though, after a whole year at Beata already under her belt, you'd think she'd be used to the uniform by now.
With books in hand, she strolled down to the courtyard to find a quiet spot. On her way, she noticed a young girl. She couldn't possibly go to this school, could she? She had to be- what, 7? Biting her lip, Kimply contemplated going over to the girl. Then again, she could just be a stupid with some weird age changing power. You never knew with a school like Beata Academy.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:33 pm

The blonde stayed silent as her sister passed her by, going to stare out the back window and unto the gardens under them. She said nothing, simply turning to follow and gripping the back of the chair before her, her nails digging painfully into the seat. "I guess you're just a lot stronger than I am." Harmony laughed lightly and humorlessly, her gaze traveling down, staring at the ground. "He can't make it all better, can he? Neither of you can." She muttered, her voice clearly laced with pain. "Can't change the past. All those people, how can they rest in peace...?" Yes, they had defeated the Headmaster and saved themselves... but how many people died in the process? She hated his wife and the old secretary - who lied and messed with the memories of the families who had lost their children; or those who might spill anything about the school. Oh, and yes, she hated the two former guardians who got to walk away from all of this - even if they helped in the end; she couldn't forgive them for the damaging hands they'd played for years.
Maybe, just maybe, if any of them had made different choices at some point - or something, then all those people would still be alive. He'd still be alive. Or maybe, if not that, it at least wouldn't feel that their lives and deaths were practically nothing. This is what she told herself, anyways.
All those depressing feels aside, Harmony laughed, much more naturally. "Well, if you'd like, you all are welcome to come stay us whenever you'd like." She said quietly, biting her lip afterwards. It was a large offer, especially since they'd reconnected after so long - but really, it wasn't her sister she wanted to hide from. Just this place and this life. She'd love to know Melody again - and her family.
sorry for that big old paragraph of 'fuck beata and everything about it.' xD pls feel free to cut down the postin' size.

Little Serenity had made a quick dash for the hallways, running downstairs and getting distracted by big, wide glass doors that led to the courtyard - with all it's warm welcomingness and pretty flowers. The young girl gasped silently and ran outside, leaving the door open behind her. She ran around with a goofy grin on her face for a few moments before spotting someone else, a few books in her hands. She tilted her head. Was that her cousin? No... They were boys, right? But Oh- My Gosh! "Hey, Hey Miss!" Serenity waved an arm, calling for the stranger's attention and running up to her, her blue-green eyes shining up at Kimply. "Your hair is really pretty!"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Melody forced a smile, shaking her head. "I suppose we can't. We just have to live for them, I suppose." She whispered softly. She could never forget those that had died. The memories lined the hallways she walked down. She walked across the battlefield everyday. But she dealt with it, because she believed in what the new academy stood for. A second chance.
"I'm sorry, Harm." She reached out and drew her sister in a hug. Maybe things would have been different if Kobe had survived. Maybe her sister would have been happier. Life seemed to be a bunch of 'what ifs', though.

Kimply's indigo eyes widened in surprise as the girl came towards her. Laughing lightly, Kimply leaned down, pink hair falling over her shoulders. "Thank you, ma'am." She said sweetly, a smile shining on her face, the kind you used when talking to a child. "What's your name?" She asked lightly.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:24 pm

The concept of Melody and her second chance goal was something that simply couldn't seem to register in her sister's mind. When she was pulled in for a hug, the young woman buried her face in Mel's shoulder, getting choked up on tears again. Life was a bunch of 'what ifs' indeed, try this one on for size. "What if Nate died that day?" Harmony muttered, hugging her tighter. She really needed it. "What would you've done?"

Serenity let out a big grin, happy to receive this pretty girl's attention. She sure hoped she was pretty like that someday. "Serenity!" The little girl said, then peaked around Kimply, as if she were still looking for something. "This place is so big... Have you seen any boys around here? Like... Uhm... Awesome ones?" She frowned, just realizing what little she had to work on.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:32 pm

Holding on to her sister, knowing how much she needed Melody chewed the inside of her lip. The question tore away at her heart and she tore away at the inside of mouth. What if Nate had died that night all those years? Her life would have been so different. She wouldn't be where she is now. She wouldn't have her two beautiful children. She wouldn't have the love of her life. How would she have been able to go on? With nothing to tie her to the world except the young woman clinging to her now, Melody would have been a shell of her self. With glassy eyes, she whispered a reply to her sister, barely a breathe, "What would I be able to do? I'd live on, but.. God, sis. I'm so sorry." How had she been so dense? Suddenly she completely understood her Harmony's pain. And could appreciate her strength.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you Miss Serenity. That's a very pretty name. I'm Kimply." She introduced herself, shoving a piece of hair behind her ear. Looking around, she frowned slightly. "I've seen tons of boys. Why, you lookin' for a boyfriend little missy?" She joked lightly, giving the child a playful wink.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; EmptyFri May 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Harmony sniffed a few times, digging her head into her sister's shoulder and trying not to get her shirt wet or anything like that. Stupid girl, she scolded herself - a grown woman and still crying like a baby over someone who died twenty years ago. Was she stupid for it? The blonde barely heard Mel's whisper, but was able to step back and wipe her tears away; her gaze looking at the elder sibling curiously before feeling a bit better, knowing that Mel now understood. "I love you. I've missed you." She said quietly, trying to calm herself down. Life had been getting better now, though. It still hurt, but her life had a new purpose.
With that thought, she let out a soft smile and turned around - expecting to see a familiar little girl, still stuffing her face with chocolate. Harmony stiffened when she noticed she wasn't there, quickly glancing around the room and looked back at her sister with wide eyes, "Where's Serenity?"

The little girl, meanwhile, giggled to herself. Kimply. That was a pretty name too~. Pink suddenly flushed the girl's face, "Oh, thank you." She said, hastily remembering her manners and shaking her head dramatically, "No. I have plenty of those already." Serenity smiled and crossed her arms. She did. There were tons of boys in her class that were her friends~ "My Auntie Mel said I had cousins here! Will you help me find them?" She asked brightly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Time No See ;w;   Long Time No See ;w; Empty

Back to top Go down

Long Time No See ;w;
Page 1 of 1