Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

Beata Bucks : 9237

Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]   Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Diane's Hill, somewhere that ever since Keirsta found out about it wanted to be alone and practice her powers with. Her thin figure leaned upon the old tree that stood upon the hill all on its lonesome, various object with a silverish hue dancing about the sky and disappearing, all within the lass' will. Figures of moving horses, soaring eagles... Everything her mind could conjour. Each figure danced within a few seconds time, the teenagers' hands moving about as she controlled it. This was her favorite, watching what she could do with the practice of her gift in the time before the sunset. It always awed her at what she could do each day, her progress building steadily. The long locks of a pastel pink hue flowed softly around, following the pattern of the gentle wind that blew. Leaves swirled about around her, and she watched them interact with her manipulations of the moon coming to rise upon her area. A smile crossed her pale lips, with her eyes filled with awe and reflections of her gift. Keirsta had never been disturbed upon her acts of amazement, and in her mind if she ever was seen she would surely grow shy of showing it. Her reasoning was because she was controlling energy from something that controlled how they lived; Weather, tides... Her fear was that she would be relied upon to do the will of the ill, which if no one knew but the few she trusted, it wouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11196

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]   Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 3:55 pm

A shiver ran down Anahira's back as she made her way to the top of the hill. Her arms were wrapped tightly around her, her gaze flicking up to the moon as let out a soft sigh. The new Summer sighed as she glanced at the deep blue sweater she was wearing. On the front of it was a light blue design of a snowflake, which she felt stood out in the season of autumn. However, the days were getting colder but that didn't stop her from making her way to the top of Diane's Hill. She wanted to see the moon from here; before she headed back to her dorm. Her eyes flickered when she saw a shape of a figure against the moonlight; what what seemed to be....Shapes dancing around her. They were faint, and part of Anahira wondered what she was really seeing. Her wings shifted slightly as she moved higher onto the hill, trying to get a good idea of what was going on.

A power, she had to guess. It was rather clear to see that but...She muttered softly to herself. How she wished her powers could do that; other than being wings that were always stuck on her back. Most people at Beata could easily fit in with humans, but not her or her sister. Angel and demons; that what they would most likely be called. Most people at Beata most likely never thought of themselves as lucky, but to Anahira they all were. Once they got control of their gifts, they could go back to living normal lives...But not the two Coutures. A normal life was something that Anahira bitterly knew never belonged to them...How lucky everybody else seemed to be to her, while she felt like she was cursed. Even her sister had angel wings...While she? Anahira was left with bat wings.

She shook her head, trying to remove herself from that train of thought. No, she shouldn't be holding on to her bitter thoughts. Instead, her attention became refoucsed on the girl that stood in the moonlight. Who was she? Anahira was unsure, but even still she had little idea of what the girl looked like. The moonlight glowed around the girl, causing her to stand out. Anahira's wings streached open on her back as she reached the top of the hill, coming to a pause as she gently rubbed her shoulders. "Hello?" she finally called out, her head titled slightly as a small smile found its way on her lips as she stared at the girl. "May I ask what you are doing? It is rather pretty."
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]   Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:54 pm

The blue eyes that watched her magic happening suddenly turned at the sound of the other there. The flurry of animals and people that were dancing with her gift disappeared in a sort of mist, and a look of shock upon her face. "Oh my god.. H-How log w-were you watching?" Panic surged through her, hoping that the girl hadn't seen much. Rising to her feet, her black jacket with a small moon crest. Her eyes were draw to the girls' wings, and she bit her lip. Keirsta felt embarrassed, the fun was always kept to herself.

"I-I um, can show you more... Just, don't tell anyone that you've seen it..." Feeling somewhat insecure, she leaned back against the old oak. "I have the ability to manipulate lunar energy and moonlight... That's how I do it, and I practice by making animals or people dancing around and moving..." Even though she stuttered, it was because of the shock of how she was all of a sudden seen. Normally, her outgoing spirit was the best of her, but it wasn't now. Yet she knew it would wear off as soon as she became enticed in using her gift for fun. So, with some movements of her hands, a herd of horses appeared, running quickly in the wind, with the falling leaves swirling around them.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]   Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:09 am

Anahira took a small half-step back when she saw the shock and fear that appeared on the girl's face when she took notice of her and her illusions of sorts; her power, stopped. She had no meant to scare the girl, she had simply been curious in what she was doing. Her wings folded on her back as the girl spoke again. Part of Anahira just wanted to leave the girl alone; clearly she wasn't happy to be found using her gift. But...Manipulating lunar energy? Moonlight? Her gaze flickered with wonder as the girl described her gift. Oh how Anahira wished she had something like that, but the girl seemed unhappy to be spotted....Did she not wish for people to know about her gift? If only Anahira could hide her gift with a simple thought, but her mind wandered off when she saw the girl started to summoning illusions of horses. This brought a smile upon her lips as she stared in wonder, in amazement but she still felt sorry for scaring the girl, so she titled her head slightly and tried to look past the illusions in the moonlight and to the girl. "I...If you don't want to show me, it is fine. I simply was curious, I can leave if you want...I won't tell anybody what I've seen, of your gift if that is want you want," she said, her gaze every once in a while flickering back to the horses. It was beautiful, and that still caused a soft pain of jealously deep in her stomach. Her eyes flickered slightly before she averted her gaze as she finished talking, doing her best to not look back as she shook slightly. Anahira felt unlucky...Cursed. What kind of place was there for people with bat wings? She would never be able to return home and face her family...They didn't want her, they didn't want her or her sister because they would no longer fit in...Fate had a cruel sense of humor didn't she? She just loved to turn her wheel, and it just seemed that she was stuck on the bottom of it....
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]   Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:59 am

Turning her head as the illusion faded, she looked at the girls' wings. "Wait... I-I'd like to try something... I-If I can?" She asked, looking at the wings with such a curiosity. A temporary illusion of them gone, yes! It seemed like such an amazing idea, trying to take her magic to something even more complex. She hoped to be able to try it out, but she also knew the wings were something that were real. Taking steps closer to the girl, Keirsta kept her hands close to her chest. With a smaller step closer, she made a small gesture with her left hand, and a flurry of a light purple and silver wrapped around one of the wings. Her mind thought of how it would disappear, and with enough concentration sure enough, she saw one of the bat wings - which she really did think were cool - slowly fade. "I just haven't tried using my gift to hide an object of view. My parents can, I just wanted to try it out.. I can take away the illusion..." A beam of pride appeared in her blue eyes, she had only made one wing disappear though. The moon's glow was just a tiny bit dimmer, but it was barely noticeable to anyone's eyes but Keirsta's. She had to admit- it was amazing how well she had gotten being her first try, even though it took a minute for the wing to become completely out of view. She then tugged the sleeves of her jacket to cover her hands, looking at the moon and trying to guess what time it was, which was approximately 9 pm. Well, there was still time to enjoy Diane's Hill before she had to go back, right?

ooc: Keirsta's silent attempt to make a friend? Check.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]   Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:12 am

Anahira froze as the girl started to draw closer, wondering what she had wanted to do. She followed her gaze, realizing she was remaining fixed on one of her wings. Her head quickly turned away, a soft blush appearing on her cheeks. She wondered what the girl was thinking of her wings, but didn't dare look back until the girl spoke again. Hiding an object from view...Her gaze suddenly snapped back to the wing that the girl had been focused on. It was gone...Or at least, hidden. Anahira could still feel it, she could move it as she wished but yet it never appeared again. Her gaze flickered to her other wing, which to her despair had not disappeared as well. Either way, a soft smile flickered on her face as she turned back to where her wing should of been, then looked at the girl. "That...Is amazing," she whispered softly, but her voice cracked a little. The girl had mentioned her parents...That had to mean they shared the same gift. Her gaze dropped a little, wondering a bit about her own. She was adopted, along with her sister into the Couture family. She never knew her real parents, she couldn't recall their faces or even their voices...Did they share the same gift as her and her sister? Had they been outcasts as well? Her gaze darken slightly as she thought. Why had they abandoned her and her sister, she wondered. Weren't they aware of the hardships they would face? But...No, it was not time to focus on that. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the bitter thoughts that had filled her head as she stared back at her missing wing. It was truly amazing, and glanced at the girl. She wondered how long she could keep this up, but she decided it may not be worth trying to find out. "You can take the illusion away if you wish," the voice was slightly bitter at the thought of gaining her wing back, but she feared that maybe keeping the illusion of the wing being gone would weight hard on the girl, and that was something Anahira didn't want.

Occ: Yay for bitter but sweet Anahira! I adore Anahira, and I am sure and Keirsta will be the best of friends~ Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]   Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 2:22 pm

It made Keirsta feel better that it was okay with the girl, smiling as she tried again to make the other one gone. Well, the second time it was quicker at least. With the way the other girl spoke she knew it was something that she seemed to not like, which was why she decided to make the other one disappear. If it was something she could keep up with, it would be cool. "Well, wait... It's really only temporary, for the night time at least." A feeling of tire overtook her, and she knew that it had gotten to be too much... She needed sleep. Slowly Keirsta had to make the illusion fade, and she brushed a lock of her hair behind her ear. "Oh.. Um, I'm Keirsta." She said with her smile growing faintly. She felt a little upset that from what she knew, they'd have to get back to their dorms soon. Otherwise they'd be in trouble... Well, all in good fun, they still had an hour or so. She wanted to spend more time and get to know the other one there, to see if she could possibly make a friend? The only others she knew somewhat were the Andrews, and out of them mainly the only one was Dublin. A small beam of hope was still there with making the other girl a friend, it seemed interesting.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]   Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:26 am

She blinked as she watched her other wing fade, before her attention was grabbed by the girl as she spoke. As she explained the limit of it, Anahira found herself half wanting to sigh sadly. Only for the night? There was really no point to hide her wings during this time; nobody was normally awake to see it. She had barely noticed when the girl had made her wings reappear. Instead she remained focused on the girl as she stated her name. Keirsta? It was a nice name, Anahira found herself liking it. "Nice you meet you, Keirsta...My name is Anahira," she stated slowly, a bit wary as she glanced at the sky. It was getting late wasn't it? She wished she could fly, but her wings were simply far to small. She couldn't even hover. If she opened them as wide as she could, they stretched to reaching a little pass her shoulders at the moment. They seemed like something somebody would wear for Halloween but Anahira was smart, she knew if the wings were to carry her enough for long flights..They would have to be huge, and she would never be able to hide them. But, no, she would remain focused on Keirsta. Make a new friend, perhaps? She always needed them...Anahira didn't like the idea of being alone, she feared it will all of her might.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]   Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Dancing with Moonlight [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1