Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11251

Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! Empty
PostSubject: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:53 am

A soft patter of rain fell rhythmically on the soft dirt, making mud cling to Wren's light gray converse. Thus, the girl made her way to the stables, seeking out the dry, musky air like a sanctuary. Yet, not only did the smell overwhelm the thin girl, but the stomping and snorting horses set her slightly on edge. She loved animals, but in all honesty- Wren was terrified by horses. They were as taller than her and capable of taking her life in one small freak out. So she sat on a stack of hay, eying the large creatures nervously.

Last edited by Sexy Lilac on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8729

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 am

Suddenly, the large wooden doors of the stables were pried open. Oliver rushed in, he too trying to escape the rain. It was getting nasty out there, and the stables were closer to where he was than the building. A hood was pulled over his dull brown hair, and his jacket was soaking, but he himself was pretty dry.
Suddenly, he saw he was not alone. That pretty blonde girl from the greenhouse was there. Oliver blinked. "Oh, sorry. I thought it would be empty in here..." he said quietly, smiling an awkward smile. Was this a place she usually visited, or was she there for the same reason as he was? "Hi, we met at the Conservatory."
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Pulling her sweater (click) closer to herself, Wren squeezed her hair in attempt ring out water from her hair. It had been a long day of studying for the blonde and the last thing she expected to happen was to get stuck in the rain, but yet here she was. She was stuck, her umbrella and broken and unless she was going to make a break for it, she would have to wait it out in the confinement of the stables. Yet, it looked like she wasn't the only one who was stuck and as she watched a boy enter soon after she had sat down on the damp stack of hay.
"Oh, don't worry about it! I had to get away from that rubbish rain!" She exclaimed with a friendly smile and tilt of her head.
Wren kicked out her foot to examine her new shoes. Ruined. "Of course, of course I remember you!" Wren said, her British tone lightly hiding the fact she was heavily disappointed about ruining her shoes. "Do you ride?" She asked, nervously eying the large horse next to her.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:30 pm

Oliver shook his head with a lighthearted laugh. "I do not. I never really cared for horses." he said, shedding his jacket and throwing it over a wooden post. Under it was a plain T-Shirt. Oliver didn't care much for what he wore. The boy eyed her shoe, before looking up at her. He realized that there was some disappointment in her tone, and he now understood why. "Oh. Sorry for your shoes. Rain is really terrible." he said, sitting down on a bale of hay across from her own. He folded his hands, resting his wrists on his legs, which were half covered by his gloves.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Wren smiled an nodded in agreement, "Me either. They- ahem - are rather... Huge. " She eyed the horses nervously and a shiver ran down her spine when the tall, dark colored one, screamed out. She turned back in time for him to shred his jacket and stared at him with a raised brow and a tilted head. To her, it was cold and she was used to this weather, how was this boy shredding off his jacket as if it was a 90 degree summers day.
Yet, just as she had noticed him ripping off his jacket- he had notice her looking upset about her shoes. "Its fine, most of my shoes are like this anyway," She mumbled quietly. "Besides, there is nothing you could've done anyway. I'm from England. I'm used to stuff like this." Yawning the girl looked up as she felt a rain drop slip between the crack in the wooden roof and fall on her forehead.
"You know, I don't know your name. I'm Wren, by the way." She said smiling at him and holding out a damp hand. He seemed friendly enough, besides, he didn't look like a creep either.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:40 pm

"England, eh?" he said, staring at the hand before meeting it with his own. "My name is Oliver. I am from Minneapolis, if that sounds as impressive." he said with a grin. He liked the city himself. It was cold, and this had helped him blend in with his power during the winter. It was spring now, though, and he was glad to be in a school like this during such a time. He looked down at his jeans, which were sodden and heavy. She wasn't the only one with uncomfortably damp clothing. It was nighttime, though, and Oliver wondered if the rain was going to let up yet. He didn't want to have to camp in this disgusting place. The horse looked at him trivially, as if it did not care in the slightest about him, and actually was hoping for him to leave. That was probably true as well.

Oliver sighed, letting himself lay back on the hay and look at the ceiling. At this point, though, he watched as a watched as a water droplet fell from a crack in the wood, landing directly on his eye. It stung, and he brought a hand to it, wincing. "What are the odds?" he murmured.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:23 pm

"Nice to meet you Oliver," She said with a friendly grin. "Yes, Minneapolis is very impressive." Her tone was light and playful, but her eyes were tired and heavy. Much like Ollie, she was pondering the possibility of having to camp out here, with the temperamental horses, the smelly air, and a boy she barely knew. It was embarrassing and seeing that they weren't the only ones on campus, she didn't want any rumors to start floating around. But she was tired and she was stressed, so she tried to make herself as comfortable as she could, because the rain was coming down harder now.
And how could she tell? Well other than the fact the rain sound like a marching band; now that she had found this crack in the roof. Inspecting the brown headed boy beside her, she watched as a rain droplet fell into his eye. At first she gasped and covered her gaping mouth with her hand, but it quickly turned into a muffled laughter that carried though out the barn, provoking the horses. "I-I'm sorry for la-haha-ughing!" She giggled from behind her hand, but was quickly quiet when a rain drop fell down square between her eyes. But she was only quiet for a second, before soon tumbling, childishly, back into a fit of laughter.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:33 pm

Oliver sat up, rubbing his eye and watching her laugh. When a raindrop hit her as well, he too lost it, laughing as well. The mood had suddenly changed, and they looked insane, suddenly cracking up like this. The two needed it, however. When Oliver finally calmed down, he leaned forward, shifting his weight onto his legs. "So, tell me about England Wren." he said with a smile. He had always wanted to leave the country, but never actually did.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Tell him about England? Was he really asking about her family or just the country in general? Because truth be told, there wasn't too much to say about England- the country in general- and while this boy was sweet, there was too much to be said about her personal life in England. Yet, she wasn't going to just ignore the question and the girl fidgeted slightly, giving him a half-smile and a mischievous look. "Well, it's cold and rainy. Not everyone likes crumpets and I'm more of a coffee drinker as opposed to tea. Not everyone in England are classy and no, I haven't met the queen." Wren was just messing with him, but there was a slight edge of bitterness to her voice. She missed England, but she was stuck now with no where to go. "Minneapolis sounds thrilling, what's that like?" Wren questioned with a smile, feeling a rain drop slither past her cheek and down her neck.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:17 pm

Minneapolis. Oliver began to realize the troubles with answering a question like this himself. "Well, let's see... he started, scratching at his chin. "Well, for one, it is very cold during the winter. That part of the US is not a very nice place to live in. Other than that, the people are nice I guess. he then narrowed his eyes, a sly smile crossing his face. "And no, I have not met the president." he said in a gruff, yet joking tone.
Suddenly, his hand reached for the finger of his right glove. He started pulling at it, removing the glove. "Hey, you wanna see something cool?" he asked, reaching down and picking up a slender strand of hay from the ground.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Wren nodded, smiling widely at their friendly banter and stretched out on top of the scruffy texture of hay. "Oh really? You haven't met him? That's too bad-- I love politics." Wren said with a loose laugh. Call her a hippie, but she hated war and politics; she didn't want to offend him, so hopefully he wasn't into politics either. "[color=paleturquoise]At least people are nice![ /color]" She added cheerfully, chirping along like a bird.
His sudden movement made the blonde jump slightly and widen her eyes. She watched his hand pull off the glove and she stared intently at him. "I'd love to." Wren said, nervously tugging at a hanging thread from the sleeve of her shirt. She moved her foot away from his hand, afraid her foot was in the way- only he grabbed a piece of hay that was two inches away from her high tops.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:14 pm

Oliver shakily started to bring his finger down on the hay strand, hoping nothing bad would happen. He was not strong enough to blow up the whole place and make it get coated with snow...right?
He touched that spider once, though. It was harmless. Therefore, he rushed his finger down on the tip of the hay. It almost seemed like lightning as blue licks of ice traveled down the piece of hay, engulfing it in cold. As the ice made it's way down to the bottom of the hay, however, it suddenly exploded, little pieces of ice flying in all directions. They were way too small to do even hurt anyone, but it certainly was startling. Oliver dropped what remained of the hay, and hastily put his glove back on. "A-and that is why...I keep these on." he said, still shocking by what happened. "You alright?"
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Wren watched with wide eyes studying the swift mover he made down the hay. She was oblivious to the fact he was nervous, but when he froze the hay she gasped with a pleasant surprise. "Wow, that's really coo-" She started but quickly shut herself up when the ice on the piece of hay exploded into little parts. One even landed on her hand and Wren looked up at him, clearly startled. "Don't worry about it," Wren said trying to reassure him with a smile. "I'm fine, really."
Suddenly coming up with an idea she looked up at him, deciding it was her turn to show and tell. "Do you want to see something cool?" She had a slight smirk plastered on her face, but her eyes were bright with hope in her power-- and herself.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Oliver blinked. He began to wonder what her power was, and what she was going to show him. Was she going to show her power at all? He saw the hope in her eyes, and smiled.
"Sure." he said in a warm tone. "So long as it does not kill me."
Upon using his power, his breathe suddenly started to become visible. Oh, this again. It was usually a cooldown, no pun intended, for his power. It was completely normal, relatively speaking, but it certainly turned some heads.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Wren nodded, but made no promises. After all, she wasn't even sure if her power was deadly or not. In the future she figured she could give someone a heat stroke or frostbite, but for now she had no clue what could happen. Picking up a shard of ice- one of the bigger pieces- the girl closed her eyes. She invisioned a fire, the warm flame licking toward the sky, she thought of warm days on the beach, a warm, summer breeze dancing through the air.
The air around her suddenly felt warm and her body was heating up quickly. A little bead of sweat formed at the base of her forehead, but she still continued. When she opened her eyes, the ice now sat in a small puddle in her cupped hand. Letting out a shocked gasp, she beamed at her handy work. (heheh, see what I did there?) Yet it was this boys peculiar actions that made her tilt her head like a lost puppy. Watching his mouth form small, white puffs of air; the girl let her melted ice drip out of her hand. "Uh- Oliver... Are you okay? You're- hehe- exhaling clouds." Wren giggled, rubbing her wet palm on the hay. The blonde jumped slightly as the horses reminded her of their presence by letting out a snort- possible at her corny joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!   Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lions and Tigers and... Horses! Oh my!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next