Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12358

Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] Empty
PostSubject: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Evelyn gently pushed open the door to Dorm 101. It creaked open one hundred times too loudly.

She gulped, pink coloring her cheeks, and slipped inside as quietly as she could, dragging her suitcase behind her. The only thing she wanted right now was to flop onto her bed, but first she had to get to her room without being spotted, and to do that... Her eyes darted nervously from side to side as she slowly, carefully, quietly edged forward, careful not to make any noise. They wouldn't notice her. Not normally, anyways. Colette liked to pretend she didn't exist, even with her Perception Bending, and Evelyn didn't think she'd ever met her other roommate, who was supposed to be in a coma on the other side of campus, but they weren't the ones who worried her. Kimply. God damn Kimply Fucking Huffman. She was immune to the effects of her gift, and even if nobody else did, she'd notice that she'd been gone for a week. And she'd ask. And then she'd know.

They'd... done... some things. Jace and her. Lots of things that you... wouldn't... really... expect. The morning after the first night there had been disorienting. Hungover, sick, and sharing a bed... the weight of the entire situation had dropped on her all at once, and even a week later Evelyn wondered if she'd be crushed by it all. She didn't know what she thought, or what she felt. Being perfectly honest, she'd hardly talked to him. They'd just hiked and fished and joked and... did... other... stuff, for the rest of the week. There wasn't some kind of cold distance between them, but things were awkward now, and she didn't have the slightest idea how that was supposed to work out. Head throbbing, she picked up her pace, practically dashing for the safety of her room with her bag rolling behind her over the tufted carpet, when... CLANG.

"O-Ow!"

Evelyn squeaked in pain and toppled over, a pink phone flying from her pocket to tumble across the floor. She pushed herself up and shook her throbbing head, gritting her teeth. Crutches. What the hell were a pair of crutches doing there?
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9604

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 9:39 pm

If one hadn't noticed the giant stack of library books piled up alongside the couch and on the coffee table, then chances were that you'd surely wouldn't notice the young man there as well, his gaze glued to the old pages held in his hands as he quickly scanned the words, flipped the paper, and read on at an all-too intense rate. To be fair, he would've never noticed anyone else either - unless something large and startling were to break him out of that trance, like, say, the sound of large heavy crutches being clattered against a wall before falling to the floor with several large clangs.

Ethan's gaze finally lifted, looking around uncertainly. "Kimberly? Something happen?" He called out, finally managing to locate what caused the racket. A strange girl on the ground, looking far more startled than he was. He blinked, honestly not quite sure of what to say. "Hello, stranger. I see that you've fallen on my crutches that I mistakenly left there." He frowned, glancing away. Even for him, that didn't sound tasteful.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11631

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Kimply hadn't been far off, just returning from the kitchen with her hand stuffed in a bag of chips to her spot in the recliner next to the couch. She had heard the sound as well, and worried that Ethan had fallen or done something stupid, she quickened her pace into the room. "Jesus, I'm gone for 5 seconds and your already-"

She noticed Evelyn immediately. Her face lit up and she set the bag on top of some of Ethan's books, before running over and pulling Evelyn into a quick hug. "Evelyn! Where have you been?!" She hadn't seen her friend for what, a week? Sure, Kimply had left for months with no explanation, but a week was still a while.

While Kimply was quick to spot Evelyn, she hadn't noticed the crutches. When she did she frowned and quickly helped the shorter girl up after piecing it all together. "You alright?" She looked around and noticed Evelyn's phone on the floor. Moving away, she picked it up.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 11:57 am

Evelyn's eyes found Ethan's and she froze, like a deer in headlights. "O-O-Oh... Um..." Who was this? Were they the ones with the...? Kimply's voice cut off her thoughts and nearly made her spring to her feet, but it was too late, and she was being pulled into a hug. She managed to scramble to her feet and tore herself out of Kimply's grip, the panic and anxiety written plainly on her face. "F-F-F-Fine! I'm f-f-fine. Heh... W-Why wouldn't I b-be fine?" Her eyes darted from side to side, to the boy to Kimply to... wait! Evelyn darted forward, practically bowling the girl over in her attempt to get the phone. "D-D-Don't l-look!"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 5:15 pm

Kimply never actually considered that her two closest friends didn't know each other. She just assumed that everyone knew everyone, and they were all as close as she was. Or, maybe not as close as she was to Ethan. Not that she was especially close to Ethan, and not that she wanted to be or anything. Ahem. Still, as she knew both people in the room, she felt it necessary to introduce the two. "This is Ethan, Evelyn." She gestured towards the Winter boy, the phone still in her hand. "He's our roommate, but you probably haven't met him, because he's been in a coma for like a year. He's not anymore, fyi." She faced the previously mentioned. "This is Evelyn. If she hadn't oh so gracefully drawn attention to herself, you wouldn't have noticed her, because she has this power that makes her nearly invisible all the time. Except to me."

Turning back to the shorter girl, Kimply noticed the fearful expression clear as day. She raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "Really now? Because you're totally acting fine." Evelyn was already all cute stutters and wide eyes, but this was just a little much, even for her. When she reached for the phone, Kimply's fast reflexes acted without thinking, and she raised the phone up in the air, pulling back as the smaller girl grabbed helplessly at her hand. "You alright there? What, you got something you don't want me to see?" She joked, now curious of what was on the phone. "Cute messages between you and the love of your life? Your plans for world domination? Sexy pictures?" She went off the list as she pulled away from Evelyn, before jumping on the couch beside Ethan and then off the other end, to where it separated her from the other Winter girl.

Now a good distance away, she turned the phone on and gaped. "Oh my God, is that Jason Wright? Evelyn, why is the extremely, extremely hot Jason Wright and you your wallpaper? With a... is that a fish?" She looked confused for a moment, opening the phone and looking through other pictures. "You have to tell me everything." She demanded in excitement.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Ethan narrowed his eyes as he heard Kimply huff, probably believing that he himself had fallen or something, before she was suddenly on her feet again - tossing her chips aside and running up to hug the strange girl. Watching them together was rather off-putting, to say the least. It was strange, he thought, how he couldn't actually look at this other girl. He always found his gaze drifting to the pink-haired Winter instead... Not that it didn't happen sometimes anyways, but this time around, it was more like an involuntary compulsion. It was about as interesting as it was annoying.

He nodded off at the introduction. "Evelyn." The young man repeated, as if making a mental note of her name, sure to try to remember it - much like he did with everything else. Kimberly's short little explanation of the girl's gift only picked his curiosity. "Invisible? But I can see her just fine, it's just... She's hard to look at. Why is that?" It was a habit of his to stare things down as he thought. The fact that he couldn't do that left him a bit frustrated. Amazed, but frustrated. "Is it a voluntary action or does it work passively?"

Either way, it seemed like his answers would have to wait until later, as they both seemed to be distracted by the tiny flip-phone that ended up in Kimberly's hands. He said nothing as the two of them fought over it, quickly losing interest and turning back to his phone. That was, until, he'd heard the 'Wright' name come up; while he was not familiar with this Jason in particular, that much he knew.

Wait... Not just 'extremely', but 'extremely, extremely' attractive. "Say what?" He shot a look at Kimply, caught off guard and looking just a little hurt as he peered over his glasses. "That's a bit of a fallacy, isn't it?" No one could be that attractive, he thought, suddenly wanting to snatch the phone away himself - just to see what this guy looked liked.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Ethan, Ethan, yes, Perception Bending, yeah, all that. Evelyn wasn't concerned with that at the moment. The phone. The phone. Those stupid pictures... Ugggh, how could she be so dumb? If luck existed, it avoided her like the plague. She rushed, panic soaring in her chest, hand shooting out to grab her by the wrist, but Kimply snatched back and held her hand in the air, just out of reach. "H-Hey! S-S-Stop that!" Her taunting only added onto her distress. It was all a thousand times worse knowing that she wasn't wrong... about the pictures, at least. The pink in her cheeks was now burning a bright red. Kimply jumped onto the couch and Evelyn reached out hopelessly again, but only managed to grasp empty air.

She could feel herself dying a little inside as Kimply flipped the phone open. Evelyn turned her head to hide her face. I knew this would happen. It didn't feel good being right. "Th-There's n-n-nothing to tell!" she answered, the feebleness of the lie seeping into her voice. "W-We... W-We j-just... went fishing..." Evelyn turned on her again, setting a foot on the couch, ready to pounce and take it by force if she needed. Ethan's voice was just an annoyance. It isn't a fallacy. She could worry about her roommate later. Right now she had bigger concerns. "N-Now s-s-stop sn-snooping! That's r-rude, y-y'know!"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 10:46 pm

For just a moment Kimply looked up, seeing Ethan's expression. She couldn't stop herself from laughing, though his respond did confuse her a bit. She didn't see why he would be insulted, but nonetheless she pushed it a bit more. "Not when it comes to him it isn't." She smirked, before her attention turned back to Evelyn.

"No dear, you don't 'just go fishing' with guys like Jace. You 'just go fishing' with your grandpa, and you sure as hell don't make him your wallpaper." As she spoke, she steadily stepped away, as if not to startle Evelyn, still looking through the pictures. On another note, Montana was a lovely place. She sighed. Through with invading the Evelyn's privacy, she tossed her the phone. The pink haired Winter sighed dramatically, falling back on the couch to where her feet were hanging over the edge and her bright hair touched the floor, her arm against Ethan's leg, as to avoid the girl already standing on the couch. "I'm sorry. I just can't believe Evelyn White is getting more action then me. Forgive me for prying, but as I am now officially a failure at life in my eyes, I would at least like details so I can live vicariously through you." She sighed dramatically, throwing her hand over her forehead. "If that isn't too much to ask of you."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 10:02 am

His mind tried to search for a better word. Unrealistic? Too extreme? "Not when it comes to him, it isn't," she said, and Ethan found himself quickly grimacing, although he was uncertain exactly why he did, nor did he know why he insisted on leaning over slightly to try and catch a small glimpse of the screen. It wasn't a fallacy that this guy was supposedly "extremely, extremely" attractive, as unlikely and redundant that sounded. What was the way to phrase it? ... A gross injustice, that was it, to him and most other guys everywhere to get girls - like Kimberly - fawning over him when Ethan was sitting right there. He wasn't certain why he was bothered so much, but...

Not surprisingly, he'd seem to have had enough of listening to them fret over the phone and it's contents for a good while. "I didn't take you as the type to be so passionate about... love making..." The words came out a bit awkwardly, as he couldn't think of a more elegant way of putting it, raising his eyebrow as he glanced at the upside-down girl, nudging her arm with his leg. "Leave her alone, Kimberly. I think you know enough already."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 11:59 am

Evelyn snatched the phone out of the air, her face a red mix of horror and embarrassment. Ethan, as much as he was trying, wasn't helping in the slightest. In fact, he was probably making things a hundred times worse. She stumbled backwards, clutching the phone and its contents protectively to her chest. "Wh-Who s-s-said anyt-thing abo... about... l-l-lovem-making?" Ugh, did they have to use that word? Even just the word 'sex' would feel a hell of a lot better than that. Well... maybe. "And y-y-yes, it is to-too much to a-ask! W-We j-just... fished, a-and... h-h-hiked... and..." She turned her face away, toward the wall. "T-That's it, o-okay?! D-Don't be s-s-so dirty-minded!"
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Okay really, who said love making anymore? Subtly moving her hand to cover her slightly pink tinted cheeks, Kimply grasped for something witty to respond with, the best should could come up with being, "Given the chance, I'm sure I'd be very passionate about love making." she mumbled it under her breath, but as soon as she spoke the words her blush deepened and she draped both her arms across her face to hide. What she wouldn't give to have Evelyn's power for just one moment.

Recovering from her short trepidation, she sat up on her elbows and pouted. "You're no fun. I just figured talking about whatever is up might help- which, something is definitely up, because you're a terrible liar, no offense hon." She studied Eve, serious for just a moment. "Really though, if you want to talk to me about it, I'm here for you. I won't judge if you did the tongue tango with Jason Wright." Well, mostly serious. Kimply was honestly just making assumptions, not completely believing what she was implying.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 7:56 am

He assumed that was what "action" suggested, but he supposed he was wrong. Well, the first term he was going to use was "sexual activities", but he tried to be a little more smooth than that - for once. He couldn't see the problem with his Love Making, when she referred to such things as what - Tongue Tango? What would they prefer it be called? "Doing the do"? "Frying the Potatoes"? The "Pumpus Rumpus"? The "Genital Slamdown"? Not that he would ever seriously consider using those terms, but still. Give him credit, because Love Making isn't that bad as far as things go.

Ethan gave her a slightly bemused look, "Is that so?" He inquired, the faintest smile on his face as she quickly moved to hide her blushing. "I'll... erm... keep that in mind." The words came out a low murmur as he moved to try and pay attention to his book once again. He couldn't help but keep listening. "First you made it sound like she hit the lottery, now you're talking like she's committed some sort of crime." He commented blandly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]   Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101] Empty

Back to top Go down

Honey, I'm Home [OPEN TO DORM 101]
Page 1 of 1