Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

A Pen...Just a Pen

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8729

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Oliver stared at the blank piece of paper in front of him. He was going to write a letter to his sister, whom was at home. He wanted to tell her of the school, but he couldn't seem to write anything. And this was not only because of his active mind, but because of his lack of a pen.
He stood up from the couch he was sitting in. No student was around, for the large building was pretty large and there weren't that many initiated students at the time. Most were in their rooms, but Ollie wanted to check out the school more. He had found himself sitting in the lounge.
Too lazy to go back to his room, he looked across the school storage, fiddling through desks and various things, until instead, he saw a black bug of sorts. It was a spider, skidding along the side of a drawer. Ollie blinked at it, and frowned. He disliked bugs and was torn over whether to leave it or kill it. Suddenly though, an idea made him choose the latter.
He removed the black leather glove from his right hand, his pale skin revealed under it. The glove's insides were most likely frozen. He brought his bare hand forward, it shaking as it was brought closer to the spider. The spider stared at him, as if challenging him. It's tiny pincers clamped and unclamped. When he was an inch away from the bug, Oliver hesitated, stopping over the spider, then he gingerly touched it.
White frost sprouted from the area he touched. The spider struggled, but he pressed down on it's back. Gradually, it froze, it's legs curling under it. When he was sure the spider was dead and not able to wreak havoc on him and his family, he glanced to the side of it. surely enough, a black pen sat on top of some papers. What luck. He clasped it in his hand, but it almost immediately froze over, snapping in two after a few seconds. God dammit, he had forgotten to put his glove back on! He was about to curse when he heard a door open behind him. He quickly put his glove back on, the snapped pen falling on the wooden cabinet.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11659

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:39 pm

In the entrance stood a girl no older than 16. She had been snooping around the school just like Ollie, just trying to get a feel for things since the place was so large. Unfortunately she hadn't been able to complete the self tour on the first day she got here so she continued it whenever she was able to, getting to about one or two rooms every day or so. Today she was wandering through the hallways until she saw a room labelled "Lounge". She had never seen this room before and decided to check it out only to find another boy in the room. This was definitely a surprise considering she hadn't really seen anyone on her venturing. "Hey there!" she said happily as she walked I to the room. "Its okay if I come in, right?" she followed up, not wanting to intrude.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Ollie turned to the girl, glove half on his hand. He pulled it down, careful not to touch his bare skin. He didn't want any ice to accumulate on the outside of his other glove. "Yeah. It is not like I own the room." he said with an awkward smile, closing the drawer he had opened. It creaked, hinting that it was indeed antique. The school had an old fashioned exterior, and because of this, Oliver was not surprised that some things in the school were the same. He was surprised to find some other furniture, like the couch and television however, looking surprisingly advanced. He thought the clash of times would make the rooms look odd and messy, but the furniture mixed well.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:54 pm

The girl suddenly frowned, not sure if Ollie was being rude or trying to joke, but the strange smile on his face implied the latter. "Well I just didn't want to disturb you is all." She could only respond with a small smile before she walked further into the room only to have her attention turn towards the desk that Ollie was messing with. It was quite strange to see the antiquated desk surrounded by the modern furniture, but it worked. But suddenly her eyes landed on small speck that was destine on the desk. It looked strange-- almost like ice. But how did that get there? Curiously, she made her way to Ollie's side before she bent down and studied the ice with her hands folded behind her back. But as soon as she saw what it was, she gasped sharply and stumbled away from the desk. "What... what happened?!" she stuttered shrilly, covering her mouth with her hands as small bits of tears stung her eyes. Yes, it might have been a slight overreaction, but she couldn't believe what happened to the poor thing.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:02 pm

"Oh. It was sneaky around, so I froze it. Sorry, I thought girls hated bugs." said Oliver, slightly confused as tears started to form in her eyes. "Don't cry! It's just a spider..." he added, not daring to look at her. His eyes wandered to the side, and he realized how awkward this had become. What if someone walked in and got the wrong idea?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 pm

"Wait, you're the one that froze Yultik?" Yes, these spiders had some strange names, but it was only to be expected when they spoke their own spider language. The names were simply translated into the best English forms possible. This poor dead spider just happened to have one weird name. Lindsey, though, gently picked up the frozen spider-cicle, holding it in her open hand and staring at it while the ice began to melt from her body heat. She couldn't help but feel bad for the small spider, especially when she never allowed her own family to squish or kill any kind if spider that entered the house. So this situation was just considered cruel. Although, as soon as the shock of the small death ebbed away, she was simply sad for the spider. She wasn't crying, it just hurt her heart. "Poor thing. I only knew him for a day... That little spider right there, he had some pretty exciting stories. But then you killed him," she muttered in a slightly frustrated voice.

"Wait, dead?! Who is?" Hynzi's voice rang in Lindsey's head. "Wait, Yultik? Well, he annoyed me anyway. All of his stories were made up. A spider simply can't cross an entire building like this in one day. Nit one that small, at least. Now I could do it!" She continued as she made her way from the back of Lindsey's neck to her shoulder.

"Show some respect!" Lindsey said sternly to Hynzi, although at the angle of her body, Hynzi wasn't visible to Ollie, but the thought didn't cross her mind.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 7:39 pm

"Erm..." Oliver didn't know what to say, searching for words. Who was this girl? Was she crazy? He brought a hand to his face, running it over his forehead. "Say, what is your power?" he asked, wondering if it would clear things up. He was confused and tired, and such two things did not mix well. Apparently this girl could talk to spiders, or at least know what she was saying. He apparently had to show respect for them, yet they died quickly anyhow and were really nothing special. Creepy, for the most part...
Still, this girl seemed to care about them, and he had to make sure not to squash any spiders around the school, in fear that they might be her best friend. Still, killing bugs with his power seemed like a nice idea. He could touch something without worrying about it, and it seemed nice to him. His skin was always covered for the most part in fear of freezing someone. He was tired of it and came here to be able to control his power. He assumed there was some sort of off switch he could use, but he didn't know how to access it...
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:54 pm

The question suddenly took her concentration off of her little spider friend on her shoulder and turned it onto Ollie so that she turned around and face him, showing off Hynzi who was about the size of the palm of her hand at this point in time. Little Hynzi was still somewhat of a baby, but she had a big attitude in Lindsey's mind, but that wasn't important. She had to answer this boy's question. "My power?" she repeated, thinking about it for a moment. "Arachnid Manipulation... or so they tell me. All I can really do, though, is talk to them. I don't know if I would actually want to manipulate any of these cute little bugs, but I mean, if I actually can't yet, I don't see a reason why I would need to in the future." *insertgiantspiderplothere* She rambled, getting lost in her thoughts for a moment before her attention went back to Ollie. "I'm assuming your power is freezing things? she asked curiously, wondering if that was all he could do.

"There's no way you would be able to manipulate me!" Hynzi spoke up to Lindsey, moving her two front legs around anxiously at the mere thought of being manipulated. Hopefully her friend wouldn't even want to do that. That would just suck. Not being able to make her own decisions.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:18 pm

"Euugh..." Oliver muttered, stepping back and nodding at her question of his power. That thing was huge! He felt uncomfortable, wondering if it would attack him. "Does it have any motives to kill me?" he whispered. Maybe the spider was friendly, and not so bad after all. Nevertheless, it was ugly, and he didn't necessarily want to be anything near the thing.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm

"Huh?" She asked before turning to her little bug friend with a curious look. Immediately she stifled a chuckle at Hynzi's attitude, but she shook her head. "Don't hate on her until you've met her, silly! This is Hynzi, a Black Velvet Tarantula. Hynzi this is... uh..." It was only at that moment when Lindsey didn't even know this boy's name. How rude of her! She just barged right into this room getting in this guy's face about killing a spider and she hadn't even introduced herself or asked for his name. She must seem really weird to him right about now, especially since she was so casual with having Hynzi with her. Usually, she had her little friend back in the terrarium in her room, but Hynzi's complaining was just too much to bear today. At any rate, Lindsey's face was beginning to turn a light shade of pink at how rude she must have been. "Um, what was your name again?"

Hynzi stared at Ollie with tiny, beady eyes. At first she didn't move as she tried to get a clear view of him before her abdomen twitched slightly to show that she was still alive. "Hmph. Does his name matter? You are all the same to me..."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 pm

And he did find her weird. Well, not that weird...
There were a lot of strange folk in Beata Academy, and Ollie wasn't going to make her out to be that strange. There had to be weirder people than her, and he was going to keep an open mind about it. Still, that spider creeped him out...
"My name is Oliver... the boy said, reaching out his hand. "And you...?"
His voice trailed off in a voice, as he expected an answer.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 pm

Lindsey quickly latched onto Oliver's gloved hand and shook it lightly with a big smile on her face. "It's nice to meet you! I'm Lindsey," she replied, although she couldn't help but notice the weird, creeped out look on his face. It was terrible that Lindsey kept forgetting that not everyone really enjoyed spiders, although she thought that some people were just crazy to hate such an intriguing little creature, but she understood why people couldn't really feel comfortable around her at times. Without saying a word, she glanced to her shoulder and gave the tarantula one stern look before she placed her hand down on the desk to let her arm act like a bridge for Hynzi.

Reluctantly, the spider rolled her eyes as much as she could before casually slide-walking down Lindsey's arm until her little feet landed on the desk where she immediately got comfortable. She hated having to walk so much on her own, but she knew that she wasn't really going to be welcome among several of the humans in this place. But by now in her life, she was used to hiding and staying away from that strange species. Lindsey just happened to be one of a few humans who would actually deal with her kind without showing any kind of prejudice.

After Hynzi moved, Lindsey turned back to Ollie with a shy smile crossing her face. "Sorry..." she told him. "I keep forgetting that a lot of people don't share my love for spiders."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:59 pm

"Oh. I didn't mean to hurt it's feelings." stated the boy, withdrawing his hand and curling a finger in front of his mouth for a chuckle. "I think your friend is very cool." added the boy, before backing up and collapsing onto the couch with a sigh. He was penless and unable to write his sister at the moment. He'd have to wait until the next day, for it would be too late by the time he reached his dorm.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Lindsey waved his apology off, not making too much of a big deal out of it. "No, you didn't hurt her feelings. She's used to that kind of thing. You have no idea how many times she's almost been squished!" she replied with a small laugh herself. But she appreciates the complement. I will go ahead and warn you that she is quite sassy and won't hesitate to say what's on her mind..." Her voice suddenly trailed off as she thought back to what she just said. ...Although, it's not like you could hear her, anyway." Lindsey couldn't help but giggle at herself before she left Hynzi's side and walked closer to Oliver only to grab a chair a short distance away and sit down in that rather than next to him on the couch just to keep things from being too awkward. But she couldn't help but study him a little bit after he let out that big sigh as he plopped down on the couch. "Is something wrong?" She asked, wondering if there was anything she could do to help.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Oliver looked down at the paper, and back up at Lindsey. "Not much. I just was going to write my sister and lack the writing utensil to do it." stated Oliver, closing his eyes for a moment and exhaling. "I suppose I wouldn't be able to write so late anyhow."
He then stared at the blank television and examined the room. etwuzsufancee. The dorms were nice too, but nothing like this. He would have to come to the school's lounge mire often. It was not often that the students got one if them, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Pen...Just a Pen Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pen...Just a Pen   A Pen...Just a Pen Empty

Back to top Go down

A Pen...Just a Pen
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Lounge-
Jump to: